Thursday, January 17, 2013

Let the numbers speak! Juice for Health I say!

Happy New Year!
For many, this year's "resolution"  is not just another  fad diet, but a lifestyle change!  How about you?
Let's face it, we live in a very unhealthy society, and we need to change our own behaviors, and spark a movement of health across our "contact lists" of  family and friends!  

I am guilty of loving dairy, meat, and sweets just as much as the next person, but frankly, I'm tired of being "fluffy", tired, and not feeling up to par!
So, I am working on a lifestyle change which includes increased consumption of fruits, veggies, nuts and seeds, and decreased consumption of dairy, meat and sugary/carby stuff!  

Juicing is my attack plan for daytime eating, followed by a sensible evening meal consisting of mostly veggies!  

Did you know that citrus acts like a natural preservative for those of us who would like to carry a jar of juice to work!

Recently, when back East at a corporate function, a friend of mine shocked me with a 37 pound weight reduction and a total change of his lifestyle..Here is his story!  My friend Vince is a year shy of 50; he looks great, and as you can see by his testimony, he feels great!  The proof is in the pudding they say...

Vince's story:  

I have always had high cholesterol and borderline hypertensive.  After seeing the documentary "Forks over Knives" and “Fat Sick and Nearly Dead” I decided to take what I put into my body more seriously and began juicing high nutrient fruits and veggies 2 – 3 times daily.  I’m 49 years old and have been on Lipitor for many years for which I have blood work done every 6 months to see where I’m at.  I was very interested to see where my results fell after juicing for 2 months as well as eliminating meat and dairy from my diet. 

Prior 6 month results:                                                    Latest Results (after only 2 months of juicing)

Weight:  220 LBS                                                             183 LBS

Cholesterol:  240                                                              142

BP:  135/90                                                                     110/80

Triglycerides:  275                                                            56

The juicing made me feel terrific with much greater clarity of thought as well as increased energy levels but these results blew me (and especially my doctor) away.  With results like these I will be living this lifestyle for the remainder of my life.

Everyone...Kathy speaking again...I hope you take Vince's story as inspirational, I sure did!  Here's to good health in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment