Thursday, December 6, 2012

Yummy morning pick-me-up Juice!

For all of you early risers who like a little "kick" in the morning, here's a juice I absolutely love!

I call it the Pommy surprise!

Needed:

Citrus Juicer
Regular Juicer (I use the Omega)

 5 oranges
1 big pomegranate
2-4 carrots
a little ginger (about an inch or less, around the size of your thumb...depending on taste)

Makes about 2 big huge glasses...depending on your juicers!

I use a citrus juicer for both the pomegranate and oranges...
I use the Omega juicer for both the carrots and ginger



First...wash your oranges and pomegranate
Then peel your carrots...makes for smoother carrot juice

Oh...I use organic fruits and veggies when possible, but not a deal-breaker!


split the oranges and pommy in 1/2 with a sharp knife  and juice...watch for pommy spray with the juicer cuz it can be a little messy....

I then run the pulp from the pommy through the Omega when I juice the carrots and ginger...just to get those pesky little seeds that don't munch up well...I don't want to leave any pommy juice behind!

I juice the carrots with the Omega; adjust the number of carrots ( 2-4 carrots ), depending on  how much you like carrot juice.

I add a little ginger, juiced as well, since it is good for digestion, but not necessary.  Maybe about  1/2 " is good for me.

If you have a moment to chill the beverage...even better, but right out of the shoot it is yummy!






2 comments: